Are You a Club Owner?
We are an 8-pc dance band that plays the best soul & funk dance hits of the 60’s & 70’s (and some 80’s): such as:
- Earth Wind & Fire
- James Brown
- Aretha Franklin
- Michael Jackson / Jackson 5
- Stevie Wonder
- Kool & the Gang
- The Commodores
- Ohio Players
- Sly & the Family Stone…and more
- Click to see our song list
We’re always looking to work with the best clubs where we can build a massive audience, like we’ve done in Sarasota and St. Pete. In less than 10 months, we became the best-drawing band in this area. At the right venue, we believe we can repeat that success in your market in a very short time.
Our #1 objective is to make your club money – by keeping the crowd on the dance floor, keep them drinking, and make them not want to leave. We do this by creating a high-energy dance atmosphere, with multi-song medleys and 90-120 minute sets.Our songs choices are very strategic. We only play the most popular soul, funk & R&B songs from the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s (most of our songs were Top 10 pop or R&B hits when originally released). We play songs that people love to sing along with that make them want to dance all night. We don’t play obscure songs that nobody knows.
Our band features:
- Yaya Diamond on lead vocals. Yaya is a powerhouse soul singer with incredible stage presence.
- A super-tight 4-piece horn section we call The Hellacious Horns, featuring top professionals from the area.
- Reverend Barry, who can belt out James Brown, Stevie Wonder and more on vocals, while playing bass and keep the crowd going.
- YOUNG virtuoso Chet Gass, who plays not only plays lead guitar, keyboards & talk box…but also sings lead, backing vocals and raps.
- Plus – we dress the part. We don’t go onstage wearing t-shirts or looking like we came straight from the gym. Our audience expects us to look sharp – with cool ties, vests, pork pie hats, sunglasses. This makes a big difference in how the audience perceives us. They see us as the professional entertainers that we are.
In less than 10 months, we became Sarasota’s best-drawing band at the top clubs in the area. (Note: all of the following venues below charge a $5 cover when we play):
The Beach Club Siesta Key – the Beach Club has been around since 1947 and is the home of Sarasota’s largest dance floor, sound system, and light show. We are one of The Beach Club’s best-drawing bands.
The 5-O’Clock Club – since 1955, the 5-0 has been hosting the area’s best live music. When George from the 5-O saw our band play the first time, he immediately booked us for 5 Fridays, and we’ve been playing there ever since. At 10 months, the size of the crowd we draw at the 5-O was rivaling bands who have been together for 10+ years.
Ringside Cafe in St. Pete: even though St. Pete is not our home town, according to Mitch from Ringside, we “draw as well or better than any band that plays” at this popular downtown live music venue.
We are consistently in the top 1 or 2 of GoTonight.com’s most-viewed band profiles – a website that serves all of southwest Florida. In 2015 we were voted “Best Musical Group” in the Herald-Tribune’s Reader’s Choice Awards.
One of the big reasons we draw so well is that we place on own PAID advertising for our shows on Facebook & GoTonight.
If you have the right venue, we could be your next biggest act! To discuss, call Barry at 812-228-9208 or contact us